11 - 18
Duration of Stay
15 Days / 14 nights
in most areas
In this Centre
Glasgow, Scotland’s largest city and the fourth largest in the UK, is considered the country’s industrial capital. The centre has a heritage of Victorian and Edwardian-style buildings with sumptuous carved stone interiors. Don’t miss George Square, the beautiful Cathedral and the many live music venues.
Riverside Campus, part of the City of Glasgow College, overlooks the River Clyde dock and is just a 15-minute walk from the city centre. Opened in August 2015, the college has a compact design that consists of two adjacent hi-tech buildings.
One of which houses the large and spacious canteen with stained-glass windows, which offer great views of the city, classrooms equipped with the latest resources and common rooms for recreational activities. The other building houses modern student accommodation.
The course comprising of 15 hours of lessons per week, provides as an integral part of the course 20 hours of PCTO (ex ASL) and offers two certificates; the first an attendance certificate and the second a certificate of recognition for PCTO/ASL (see page 7 for details). Lessons alternate between the morning and the afternoon.
The college offers apartments consisting of four or five single rooms or three double rooms all with en-suite bathrooms. All group leaders have single rooms. Each apartment has a kitchen.
The use of the kitchen is at the discretion of the centre management and in cases where it is allowed can only be used by group leaders.
The accommodation also provides a games room with a table tennis table, a pool table, playstations, and xbox’s. On arrival, students must pay a security deposit required by the school of £25/ €25. The deposit will be returned at the time of departure unless the college needs to deduct payment for reasons stated in the school regulations. The college provides towels.
Facilities include a multipurpose gym and outdoor playing fields.
Free Time and Activities
- 2 full day excursions: Edinburgh including admission to the castle and the National Museum of Scotland with a late return, St. Andrews with a walking tour and Stirling and the Castle.
- 9 half day excursions to Glasgow: The Buchanan Galleries, the Science Centre, Kelvingrove Museum & Art Galleries, walking tour of the People’s Palace and a visit to the Winter Garden, the Gallery of Modern Art including Argyle street and the St. Enoch Centre, the University of Glasgow & The Hunterian Museum, the Burrell Collection and Pollock House, the Riverside Transport Museum, St. Mungo’s cathedral & the Necropolis.
- 1 half day excursion to Loch Lomond including a cruise.
- 1 Dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe.
- Afternoon and evening activities
This programme may change for organisational reasons.
Where is it?
This centre provides a unique football course, delivered by the Celtic Soccer Academy.
This course is aimed at those who want to improve their skills as football players.
The course includes 15 hours of English lessons per week and 15 hours a week of football lessons at the Celtic FC Barrowfield ground. Also included are seminars on proper nutrition, psychology and game tactics, a tour of the city stadium and a final certificate. All coaches are UEFA accredited. Students will receive complimentary shirts, shorts and socks.
For those who follow this programme, there are three full-day trips: Stirling & Loch Lomond, Edinburgh with Castle and National Museum and visit Celtic Park Stadium and Lennoxtown. This program does not include half-day excursions.
In order to get a quotation about this centre please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org