11 - 17
College, Host Family
Duration of Stay
15 Days / 14 nights
7/21 July - 5 August
in most areas
In this Centre
Chester, located in the county of Cheshire, is an important historical, cultural and tourist centre in the north-west of England. Founded by the Romans, the pretty town offers one of the best-preserved city walls in the UK, an impressive town hall, a Victorian-era clock located on the East Gate, numerous quaint venues and shops.
The modern University of Chester is just a 15-minute walk from the town centre or a 5-minute bus ride which stops right outside the college entrance. The campus offers modern, equipped classrooms, a spacious canteen with comfy sofas, and several coffee tables located on a pretty veranda, a launderette, cash machine, and computer room.
The course includes 15 lessons per week of 60 minutes in standard classes of max 16 students and lessons alternate between the morning and the afternoon.
Accommodation is in single rooms with en-suite bathrooms and with towels provided by the centre. On arrival, students must pay a security deposit required by the school of £25/ €25 the deposit will be returned at the time of departure unless the college needs to deduct payment for reasons stated in the school regulations
Double room with full board (includes a hot meal in college).
Outdoor sports fields, swimming pool and a large gym.
Free Time and Activities
- 2 full day excursions: Liverpool and admission to the Beatles Story Museum, Manchester and admission to Manchester City Stadium.
- 2 half day excursions: Conwy Castle, Llangollen and a trip to the Great Orme Tramway
- 2 local trips: Admission to Chester Cathedral, the Roman tour and admission to the Cheshire Military Museum.
- Afternoon and evening activities
This programme may change for organisational reasons.
Where is it?
Included in the price
The PCTO course includes an 18-hour English business programme designed to provide students with a detailed picture of the business sector with case studies, role-playing and business skills development. On three afternoons a week, workshops run to develop skills such as CV writing, applying for a job and interview techniques lessons. There is also a company visit. At the end of the stay, PCTO hours are certified along with language proficiency.
Included in the price
Choices regarding the following options must be received by our offices no later than 15 May. Students not indicating a preference will take part in the standard program. Courses start with a minimum number of 10 participants.
- Dance: 3 dance lessons per week each lasting 3 hours.
- Drama: 3 Theatre lessons per week each lasting 3 hours.
- Football: 3 Football lessons per week each lasting 3 hours.
- Intensive English: 6 extra English lessons each lasting 3 hours.
In order to get a quotation about this centre please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org